The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related matters. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position includes international human resource responsibilities. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
1. Conducts regular meetings with business leaders and national HRBPs.
2. Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
3. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
4. Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
5. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
6. Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
7. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
8. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
9. Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
10. Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
11. Provides guidance and inputs on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
12. Identifies training needs for the organization and individual coaching needs.
13. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
1. Business Acumen.
2. Excellent communication in both English and Chinese, proficiency of Spanish is a big plus.
4. Ethical Practice.
5. Global & Cultural Awareness.
6. HR Expertise.
7. Relationship Management.
Required Education and Experience
1. Minimum of 8 to 10 years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
2. Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
3. Bachelor's degree and relevant industry experience.
4. Working experience with reputable multinational companies is preferred.
Travel to overseas countries is required from time to time.